Safeguarding and Key Policies
“Children want to be respected, their views to be heard, to have stable relationships with professionals built on trust and for consistent support provided for their individual needs. This should guide the behaviour of professionals. Anyone working with children should see and speak to the child; listen to what they say; take their views seriously; and work with them collaboratively when deciding how to support their needs”. Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding is not just about protecting children from deliberate harm. It relates to aspects of school life including:
- pupils’ health and safety
- the use of reasonable force
- meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- providing first aid
- educational visits
- intimate care
- internet or e-safety (please go to this section of our website)
- appropriate arrangements to ensure school security, taking into account the local context.
Designated Lead – Katie Jones
Deputies – Jane Jones / Rebecca Home
Link Governor – Richard Lewis
If you have any concerns about a child then you can talk to any of the designated leads above or report them in the following ways:
Or you can also speak to:
- Shropshire Council's First Point of Contact: 0345 678 9021
- NSPCC: 0800 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- West Mercia Police: 999 (emergency) 101 (non-emergency)
Please find a link for the Shropshire Safeguarding Community Partnership: Getting help pages
Information on Sexualised Behaviour/Sexual Harassment and Abuse. The NSPCC also has and advice line to support professionals and parents with anything related to this issue: 0800136663
Please see below (scroll all the way down) for a sample of our school safeguarding policies. If you have any queries about other aspects please do not hesitate to contact us.
For trust-wide policies, including the E-Safety Policy, please click here.
Useful Safeguarding information