Our school knows that the safe use of information and communication technologies brings great benefits. However, we also recognise that online safety issues need careful, planned education.
- that online safety (e-Safety) is an essential element of safeguarding children and adults in the digital world, when using technology such as computers, tablets, mobile phones or games consoles.
- that the internet and information communication technologies are an important part of everyday life, so children must be supported to be able to learn how to develop strategies to manage and respond to risk and be empowered to build resilience
- that we have a duty to provide quality Internet access to raise education standards, promote achievement, support professional work of staff and enhance management functions.
- that we have a clear duty to ensure that all children and staff are protected from potential harm online.
The Trust E-Safety policy reflects these beliefs and details how we support safe use.
Below is the powerpoint used at recent parent workshops and websites that parents may find helpful when either:
- setting up technologies safely in their home
- talking to children about online safety
Please click here for some information regarding e-safety which was included in the school newsletter.