The current Governing body is represented by parents, staff, the parish council and other members of the community. Our role is to be critical friends of the school, help to provide the best possible education for your children and to enable them to reach the highest standards of achievement.
We are expected to contribute to the development of the school, having a good working knowledge of the School Development Plan and of its policies and procedures.
More recently we have been involved in the following:
- Expanding accommodation
- Implementing and setting the school budget
- Looking at the progress and attainment of pupils throughout the school
- Training opportunities including Safeguarding Children, ofsted inspections and understanding Analysing School Performance (ASP).
- Link visits regarding Safeguarding, Pupil Premium, Marking and Feedback, Early Years and nursery/wraparound and book scrutiny.
- Ofsted working party.
- Interviewing staff
- Attending the residential for years 2 and 3 at Top Adventures.
To see a full list of governors, their roles and a register of business interests then please see the following:
Chair of Governors: Mark Daborn, The Rectory, Station Road, Stottesdon, DY14 8UE. Tel: 01746 718 127. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org